Aap Jaisa Koi Meri Zindagi Mein Aaye Qurbani
|'Aap Jaisa Koi'|
|Song by Nazia Hassan|
|from the album Qurbani|
|'Aap Jaisa Koi' on YouTube|
'Aap Jaisa Koi' is a song from the soundtrack of the 1980Bollywood film Qurbani. It was the debut song of Pakistani pop singer Nazia Hassan, and was composed by Indian producer Biddu. Music direction was by Kalyanji Anandji. The song was featured in the film as an item number, picturised on Zeenat Aman. It has been remixed and sampled by many other artists.
Nazia Hassan - Aap Jaisa Koi Meri Zindagi Me Aaye (Movie: Qurbani) Guitar chords Hindi Song Guitar GaGa.com - Songs we love playing on guitar! Download Nazia Hassan Aap Jaisa Koi Meri Zindagi Punjabi Mp3 Song & Video From album Aag in High Quality - Mr-Jatt.
The song was a big hit, and gained cult status in Pakistan and India. It was a filmidisco song that revolutionized Pakistani pop, Indi-pop, and Bollywood music.
Feroz Khan was a famous leading actor of Bollywood in the early 1960s. As time passed, he became a director and he acted as a leading actor in many of his films and most of his films of the 1960s and 1970s were hit in the box office. After two decades of popularity as an actor and director, Feroz made another movie, Qurbani. He wanted to create a new song titled 'Aap Jaisa Koi' for the film. A friend of Feroz's introduced the 15-year-old Nazia Hassan, a UK-based Pakistani to Feroz. Nazia was a child singer in Pakistan during the 1970s. She was offered to sing 'Aap Jaisa Koi' and she accepted the offer. She provided the vocals for the song. It was recorded at a length of 3 minutes and 45 seconds. The video of the song was recorded as an item number by the leading actress of Hindi cinema Zeenat Aman.
'Aap Jaisa Koi' became a superhit song in India and overseas and Qurbani became a hit movie at the box office. The singer of this song Nazia Hassan, gained overnight fame in India and also became famous in her own country, Pakistan, due to this song. 'Aap Jaisa Koi' marked for the first time that a Pakistani singer sang for India.
The Qurbani album went Platinum within seven months, a record for the Indian music industry at the time, exceeding a million sales. The song became so popular that Nazia, despite being a Pakistani, won a Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for this song in 1981. Mamiya 6 serial numbers. She set the record for being the youngest recipient of the award at the age of 15.
'Aap Jaisa Koi' was covered by the world's premier South Asian a cappella group Penn Masala, and their cover was featured in the 2001 American film, American Desi, a year after Nazia Hassan's untimely death due to cancer.
Harry Anand produced a remix of the song for his 2004 Sweet Honey Mix album, released under the T-Series label. Sung by Sophie Choudry, the remix had a music video starring Negar Khan. The song was also used in the 2016 Trinidadian film Bazodee.
- ^'12 x 12: The 12 best Bollywood disco records'. The Vinyl Factory. 28 February 2014.
- ^ CD Cover, verified from https://www.whosampled.com/Nazia-Hassan/Aap-Jaisa-Koi/
- ^The Herald, Volume 38, Issues 7-9, 2007: 'It would not be amiss to say that music was never the same again after 'Aap Jaisa Koi..' Over the next several years Nazia and Zoheb continued to rock not just the Pakistani but also the Indian disco scene; Disco Deewane that broke sales records across the subcontinent was followed by four more albums - Boom Boom, Young Tarang, Hotline and Camera Camera - released between 1982 and 1992. They were also pioneering enough to release videos of their tracks — another first.'
- ^'India Today'. India Today. Thomson Living Media India Limited. 7 (13–16): lvii. 1982.
Since then, however, record industry majors have sold more than 23 gold discs and 10 platinums, including Music India's Qurbani, which crossed the platinum mark in just seven months.
- ^'International'. Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. 93 (28): 69. 18 July 1981.
- ^'Harry Anand - Sweet Honey Mix'. Discogs. Retrieved 20 December 2018.
- ^'Aap Jaisa Koi Meri Zindagi Mein Aaye [Full Song] Sweet Honey Mix'. YouTube. T-Series. Retrieved 20 December 2018.